Cherry Blossoms

I love the smell of cherry blossoms.  It's my favorite smell in the world.  It's not officially Spring until I've seen and smelled the cherry blossoms.  Consequently, I made Neil take me to the park the other day to see if they were in bloom yet after I saw Washington DC's were.  No such luck, and I'm still sore from the bumpy paths at that stupid park.  They are evil for someone in a wheelchair with a tender uterus.  So I may not get back to that park to check again, but I will find some somewhere.  I need my cherry blossom fix.  If we ever have a house, there will be at least 1 cherry tree. 

My obsession started when I was at Bryn Mawr, where a huge portion of Merion Green was filled with cherry trees.  It smelled so good.  I used to study outside all Spring.  I would sit on a bench near the labyrinth garden and smell the cherry blossoms and watch the pink and yellow tulips grow.  It was heavenly.  Then we took a day trip to DC- more cherry blossoms.  So now the smell of cherry blossoms smells like Springtime and home to me, and I have to find some every year.  Neil mocks me because I'll roll down my window and lean out to try to smell them as we drive by some, but he can mock all he wants.  I'm addicted.

Comments

Popular Posts