The consequences of living with a NASCAR fan

So Neil is a huge Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan, and Gabe knows this.  He recognizes the #88 as Junior's.  So we're going through the drive thru at Arby's yesterday, and I ordered Gabe a Jr. Chicken Sandwich.  A minute later he pipes up saying "I want a McQueen sandwich."  I said, "A McQueen sandwich?  There's no such thing as a McQueen sandwich", thinking he was just being goofy.  Then he says, "But I don't want junior, I want McQueen."  Yes, he thought the Jr. Chicken Sandwich had to do with Dale Jr.  The guy at the window probably thought I was nuts, laughing my head off when he couldn't see the kids.  When Gabe got his sandwich and didn't see an 88 on it, he was quite confused.  I had to explain that sometimes junior just means smaller, but I'm still not sure he bought it.

Comments

Popular Posts