Little encouragers

Gabe has always been quite the little encourager, always telling people "Good job!" or "I'm proud of you," or my favorite, "I'm so 'pwessed with him."  Apparently, he's passing this on to his brothers.  On Sunday, we braved the mud and went to the park to enjoy the 60 degree weather, and I was trying (again) to teach Gabe to pump on the swings.  Well, he was finally really trying and starting to catch on.  He said "I'm doing a good job, huh, Mom?"  Well at the words "good job" the twins immediately let go of their own swings and started clapping.  After months of therapy and EI, those 2 words to them are like a bell to Pavlov's dogs.  They automatically start clapping.  They may not know why or for whom, but they know you clap when someone does a good job.  He was very excited to have them clapping for him though, so I call it a success.

Comments

Popular Posts