Good grief, it's been a long time!

I can't believe I haven't posted for almost a year.  We haven't had a working computer and internet at the same time for a long time though, and I hate typing on my phone or Kindle.  Autocorrect is not my friend.

The boys have all come so far!  The twins are talking up a storm now, and they're officially "average" for expressive speech.  Who knew the word "average" could sound so good?  They had their school evaluations last week, and they do not qualify for the blended preschool program, which is good news, but it also means we either have to shell out over $200/month for preschool, or homeschool them for this year and try to send them to pre-k the following year.  So I'm looking at preschool homeschooling curricula.  Crazy right?  I am so not a teacher.  They're very bright, and they focus pretty well, so I think they'll be okay with that, but they would do so well in preschool that I hate that they can't go next year.  We're hoping to at least do story time once a week, and maybe the kids' music program at a local church once a week too.

Gabe, on the other hand, is in school now.  Kindergarten was exciting at first, but now "it's a lot of work."  It is too. I can't believe how much harder it is now than when I was in school.  However, he's coming along.  He has some struggles with reading, but we're trying different strategies to help him out.  He's pretty good in the other subjects, so we'll get there.  I had such an easy time in school that it's hard to me to know how to help him.  On the contrary, Neil had such a hard time in school, with very little help, that he doesn't really know how to help either, but we're doing the best we can by trial and error.  His teacher isn't too concerned at this point, so we're trying not to be either.  Easier said than done though.  No one wants to see their kid struggle.

Comments

Popular Posts