First grade

Gabe has been in school for about 2 weeks now, and so far I like his first grade teacher better than the kindergarten teacher.  His K teacher was fine, but she wasn't your typical hands-on, touchy-feely kindergarten teacher.  She had a pretty narrow, inside-the-box approach to teaching that was no help with my out-of-the-box kid and his reading struggles.  Thank God for my internet friends.  I got lots of ideas from them to help Gabe get caught up by the end of the year. 

Anyway, back to this year's teacher.  She seems much more hand-on and genuinely seems to care about the kids individually.  She sent home questionnaires, asking about our kid's strengths, weaknesses, personalities, etc., which was great.  And she seems to be taking it to heart.  She moved Gabe up a level on his behavior chart one day last week for being a good role model.  I had mentioned that he can be a great leader and very responsible if you can channel his energies for good.  I am hoping to get more involved in the classroom and PTO this year, since the twins are older now, but we'll see how that goes.  Last year, we felt really cut off from everyone.  We never even got information on class parties or anything unless I asked the teacher directly.  I'm hoping that will change this year, so we can be more involved.  As far as the work load, Gabe says it's harder this year, and they don't have much time to play.  He actually told me he need a vacation already, lol.  Yeah, good luck with that, kid.

Comments

Popular Posts