Do I look like an easy target?

OK, maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I swear I must look like an easy target or something.  Multiple times sketchy guys have tried to get to me stop walking (or even driving) so they could "tell me something."  Yet they want me to get close to them to hear what they have to say.  Um, do I look that gullible?  This just happened on campus the other day.  My campus is NOT in a good area, and there's a fair amount of crime on campus, so I'm always cautious.  This guy starts trying very persistently to get my attention like he wanted to tell me I dropped something or something like that.  I finally asked what he wanted (from a good 15 ft. away), and he wouldn't tell me, just kept coming closer.  So I ducked into the Student Success Center, a building that always has tons of people in it, and figured if he really needed to tell me something, he would follow me into the building where is was much safer.  Of course, he didn't.  I hung out for a few to make sure he was gone before exiting through another door and making a beeline to the car where Neil was waiting for me.  What worries me though is that many women would have stopped, and who knows what would have happened.  It baffles me how people assume college campuses are safe.  Really?  Have you not heard about all the rapes on campuses everywhere?  So, anyway, thanks, Dad, for making me paranoid enough to not fall for stuff like that so I never have to use the training you gave me. 

Comments

Popular Posts