WOW!

I think this word was used a few dozen times in our house today.  Gabe and dragged out all the Christmas decorations, rounded up all the pieces of the tree stand, and put everything up.  He had a blast plugging in the lights and saying "Wow, lights!"  He also had a blast helping me try to place all my "crackers" (Nutcrackers), of which I have a few dozen.  He was sad when I said I was throwing 2 out that keep getting decapitated though.  He says "I sorry," with this sad look on his face.  It was so cute.  I told him it wasn't his fault, they were just cheap. 

This is the first year in 3 yrs. that we have put the nativity out.  It is an absolutely gorgeous nativity that MIL bought for us.  It started the first year we were married, and it has grown by leaps and bounds.  We were starting to think it would never end.  She canceled the subscription, and they still kept sending them.  So anyway, I decided Gabe is old enough to be gentle with it now, so it has taken up residence on our dining room table.  My mom came over briefly to join the insanity and just laughed at Gabe and I trying to figure out where to put everything.  She's like "Oh, no, 2 obsessive compulsive people trying to figure out where to put the pieces.  You're creating your own insanity."  LOL.  It's up though, and looks very pretty.

We still have to get all the Nutcrackers arranged, but I needed a shower, and he needed a nap, so we took a break.  Oh, and great closet crash of 2010 claimed most of our ornaments, so we're going to have to suck it up and buy some more tonight, along with some superglue for the one casualty in the nativity set that got dropped my both of us.  I'll post pics when it's all done.

Comments

Popular Posts