Gabe's Politeness Phase

I gotta say this is a phase I can get behind, but it sure can be funny.  Ever since he finally figured out what all to say "thank you" for, he has been thanking everyone out the wazoo, including his toys.  Here are some of the conversations in this house lately...

One day he was loading his small Thomas trains into his larger, battery powered Percy with the wagon on the back and having Percy pull them around the track.  He would put the stop lever on so they each got to go one lap before gettting switched out for another one.  When it stopped he'd say, "Next turn.  Thank you, Percy" every time.  It was too cute.  This went on for probably 1/2 hour.

Then, Sunday, he came home with a balloon from church.  Well, everyone know you have to hit people with balloons if you're 3.  However, instead of hitting people, he was hitting his trains as they went around the track.  I said "That's not very nice, Gabe, hitting Thomas."  So then every time he did it, he'd say, "I'm sorry, Thomas, not nice, hit you."  LOL.  FWIW, I didn't really care that he was hitting his trains with the balloon, but the ensuing conversation was hilarious.

Then today, he was playing with Mater and McQueen and Mac.  He always has Mater tow McQueen back to Mac to load up.  Today he says, "Thank you Mater."  "You're welcome, Queen."

Oh, and the best one?  I was talking to my friend online while he finished his lunch the other day.  He was jabbering away to himself, so I wasn't really listening.  Well, I half heard him say, "Thank you, Mommy" and didn't respond, so he proceeded to tell me "You're welcome, you say!"  I told him "You're welcome" and he clapped and told me "Yay, good job."  :rofl:  OK, Mr. Politeness Police.  Does this remind anyone else of an episode of Full House?

Comments

Popular Posts