Chef Gabe

Gabe loves to help me cook, which is great, but he gets some interesting ideas at times.  One day he decided he wanted to cook carrots, by himself (supervised, obviously).  I had the skillet out, so he informed me that we needed to put the baby carrots in that and "hot them up".  I explained that carrots are usually steamed, but no, he wanted to saute them.  Oookay, whatever you want, kiddo. So I put a little oil in the skillet and let him add the carrots.  He demonstrated how you have to move the pan a little bit to move them around and everything.  Where he saw that, I have no clue.  When they were brown on both sides, he was satisfied and had me help get them out.  He loved them and ate every last one.  They really weren't too bad, and I don't even like cooked carrots, but of course I had to try his creation.  Maybe he's got a future there.

Comments

Popular Posts