Emerging Imagination and Putting Things Together

OK, so Gabe floored me yesterday.  We were playing with his Playdoh, and he kept making "food" for me to eat.  He made a hot dog, and I made a hamburger patty, and we traded.  Then, he set the burger down and was making something else.  I asked him what it was.  He said an onion.  Huh?  I had no idea he knew what an onion was, let alone that it went on a hamburger.  Now granted, his onion looked more like his hot dog, but hey, he tried.  Then he decided we needed pickles for the burger, so I made him pickles and a bun and french fries (which he put on the burger).  By the time we were done it looked like Red Robin's finest (except that it was all blue), and he couldn't even hold it all together.  I was just amazed at the fact that he put all that together in his mind and executed it.  It's so fun to see him figuring things out and pretending.  It's certainly more interesting than crashing cars 243,798 times a day.

Comments

Popular Posts