If at first you don't succeed, fall, fall again.

Gabe's thought process as far as I can discern:

Ooh, a laundry hamper with only a few clothes in it.  I will hand them to Mommy to put in the washer, so I can play in it.  It makes a great hiding place.  I'll hide here so Mommy forgets about me and doesn't make me take a nap.  Uh oh.  Here she comes.  NOOOO, she's carrying me to my room.  I must escape.  Oh no!  She caught me.  Now I'm trapped.  

Later...
Good the hamper's still here.  I'll lay in it for a while. 
Me: "Bye bye, Mommy." 
Mommy: "Bye, Gabe." 
Hmm, I bet if I bring my tricycle over and stand on it, I can climb in the hamper with it standing up. 
Mommy: "This is not going to end well." (tips over)  
Oh maaan, I fall down.  Cue the waterworks.  Oh wait, Mommy's not sympathetic.  Guess I'll try again. (tips the other way)  I'll try crying again. 
Mommy: "Gabe, stop.  It's not going to work.  It's not safe."   
Well maybe if I put it against the couch and climb in that way.  Aha!  Success!  
Me: "Wocket, Mommy, wocket!"  (climbs out, puts Brutus in)  "Bwutus, wocket!" (climbs back in)
Mommy: "Is Brutus going into space with you?  OK, but be careful."
Mommy scoots me over to get the cake pans out of the oven.  Oh maan.  I fall down again, and now I'm all tangled in the laptop cords and TV tray.  I'm really crying now.  Mommy even came to get me untangled.  I give up.  I'll go get in Mommy's way in the kitchen instead.

Comments

Popular Posts