Gabe and Music

So Gabe loves music (can't imagine where he gets that from, huh?).  He especially loves jazz, but he's not picky.  Today I caught him singing along with the River (our local contemporary Christian station) in the car.  My own taste in music is rather eclectic, and thanks to my friend Sherri and her bad influence, I've even started listening to some newer country (gasp!).  Gabe is, of course, obsessed with the movie Cars, which features Rascal Flatts singing "Life is a Highway" in one scene.  We were in the car the other day and the song came on the country station I was listening to.  He got all excited because he thought Lightning McQueen was singing, LOL.  He did not want to get out of the car until McQueen was done singing.  Now he is convinced that anything by Rascal Flatts is Lightning McQueen singing.  That McQueen is a busy guy, racing cars on the weekends and recording hit albums during the week, LOL.  I keep trying to explain that they just used a Rascal Flatts song in his movie, but he doesn't get it.  It's too funny.  The way kids' minds work never ceases to amuse me.

Comments

Popular Posts